Do you LOVE Linux and Open Source?
We need a superb Linux go to person to help us execute a number of interesting and challenging projects. We have recently committed our entire enterprise and non-profits (5000+ employees) to use Linux as well as a 100% Cloud commitment (Zero onsite data). We are using Amazon AWS as our cloud platform.
1) Create a Linux Live DVD (or similar) which users can insert and run while still using windows are their primary OS. (Hint: Can't get them to use bios to boot from DVD).
2) Help us create and manage an integrated LDAP based identity (with two-factor auth) management system and move away from Active Directory.
3) Implement an Open Source enterprise IM platform and integrate with identity management systems.
4) Help create an auto-scaling infrastructure in Amazon EC2 that can deliver apps (thin-client), learning solutions (moodle), and centralized file servers with caches while using WAN optimization tech.
5) Implement a digital asset platform that can hold more than 50,000 photos, and run facial recognition.
We are looking to work with someone long term (multi-year). These are just a small example of some of the projects we have to implement.
1) LOVES Linux and open-source and is constantly doing R&D for fun.
2) Great with documentation and architecture.
3) Able to work with kernel level stuff if needed.
Not Ideal candidate:
1) Has only basic idea of Linux, and is a general systems admin does not get development.
2) Linux and open source as simply a job. Not a passion or a calling.
Please do write a few words of why you love Linux and open source, and some of the interesting projects you have done when you apply for this. Since we are looking at someone for the long run we might ask you to respond to a quick case study with a phone interview.