* Promptly, professionally, and compassionately answer the phone (toll free US-based number will be provided).
* Respond to users via chat and email.
* Use software such as email, ZenDesk, Word, and Android/iOS software to help users troubleshoot software problems.
* Interact with development staff to troubleshoot, and provide user feedback to help improve the system.
* Escalate problems to tier-2 and tier-3 support.
* Follow pre-defined workflows using our ticketing system, document efforts in English, and respond quickly to customer issues.
Knowledges, Skills & Abilities:
* Proficient in MSWord and Excel.
* Familiar with iOS and Android software (mobile and tablet).
* English reading/writing skills to document efforts towards solving customer issues.
* Excellent English speaking abilities to help customers over the phone.
* Familiar in Web technologies for the purposes of troubleshooting web issues using our portal.
* Experience with ZenDesk is preferred, but not necessary.
* Have at least 1 year+ of experience in Help Desk support.
What your day would look like:
Upon starting your shift you'd do a formal hand-off with the tech that you are replacing (we are a 24/7 week help desk). As customer issues came in through email, you'd use ZenDesk to respond to the email promptly - attempting to provide guidance to help the customer through their issue. If you are unable to help the customer find an article online, or to point them to solve the problem, you'd enter in a ZenDesk trouble ticket with a Tier-2 engineer who would then look into the issue further. Additionally, the same would be true for the phone line - we'd provide a 1800 number and when that call came in, you'd be responsible for answering it professionally, in a quite environment. English speaking skills are a MUST! If customer issues come in via chat, you'd use a predefined script to communicate with the customer to solve the problem. Your shift would be anywhere from 6-10 hours (depending on your schedule/needs), and you should expect to get 1-2 calls an hour (so there is LOTS of downtime - this doesn't mean you can go shopping! Our expectations are that you immediately available during your shift to answer emails, chats, and calls).
As you learned more, your role would increase to help with documentation and add to our knowledge base.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates