We're looking for a skilled Linux Systems Administrator to join our team. Essential traits include having a deep knowledge of configuring secure and robust Ubuntu and CentOS web server stacks, communicating effectively, troubleshooting independently, being friendly and cooperative, and working quickly.
The job involves tasks like the following:
- Deploying and configuring web servers (primarily LEMP and LAMP stacks)
- Troubleshooting errors
- Automating processes through bash scripts, automation tools (ansible), when requested
- Migrating website files & databases from one server to another
- Writing and editing configuration URL rewrite rules for Nginx and/or Apache
- Deploying applications such as Wordpress
- Configuring Postfix to use a third-party SMTP email delivery service
Please briefly describe your approach when automating an often-repeated, yet complex task so that we can see that you know your stuff!
We will provide SSH access to specific servers and you'll be tasked with troubleshooting problems, automating things, etc. as needed on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to working with you. :)
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value