A bit of background info about the proposed solution we are looking to build. For the back-end, we are primarily looking for a developer with extensive experience in Ruby - the Shopify part will be covered by other members of our team:
- A Shopify app which has access to the Shopify orders and customers.
- This app is responsible for maintaining all the account balances for all customers.
- This app will allocate credits in the background when Shopify receives new orders.
- Admins can see insights of the earned credits, and redeemed discount codes.
- Admins can manually adjust account balances for customers.
- Admins can adjust the configuration about how many credits should be allocated.
- The app uses a Shopify app proxy such that the wallet can be incorporated into the theme of the store.
- The customer can see their account balance and generate discount-codes from the Shopify account page.
The proposed technologies are:
- Rails backend.
- React frontend for the admin interface.
- Liquid frontend for the customer interface will be built by other members of the team
- Shopify documentation about this stack: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/build-rails-react-app-that-uses-app-bridge-authentication