Blue Medora is a VC-backed software company specializing in enterprise data center monitoring. We help Fortune 500 IT departments keep their servers, networking, storage, databases, and applications running efficiently.
Over the last ten years, we've grown our monitoring extension portfolio to support around 75 data center endpoints across four major monitoring platforms, and we plan to support 200 within three years. In order to achieve this, we're looking for freelancers or contractors to develop monitoring extensions for some of the remaining 125 data center endpoints.
Here are a few reasons you may want to work with us:
- We write our extensions in Kotlin - the best JVM-compatible language by a wide margin (in our opinion)
- At the beginning of each project, you will be paid to research and learn about a modern datacenter technology (some recent examples include Kubernetes, AWS, and Palo Alto Networks)
- Each project is 2-8 weeks and completely encapsulated - you can stop after any project, take a break between projects, etc.
We are looking for engineers with solid experience in these areas:
- JVM-based development (ideally with Kotlin or Java)
- IDE project setup and general use
- Static Analysis setup and use
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Git and GitHub
- Markdown for documentation
- Unix-based OS terminals and utilities
- English reading and writing ability
Our engineering teams work in EST. We prefer at least 3 hours of working overlap with contractors and freelancers.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers