I am a freelance copywriter operating on Upwork. I'm looking to grow my business and bring on a part-time virtual assistant.
I am in Perth, Western Australia (GMT+8), so I would prefer someone in Australia or the Philippines. Since many of my clients are in the US, meetings are generally from 8-9am my time, or 7-8pm my time. I'd prefer someone who would be available for those slots. However, these calls are not super frequent (at the moment not even one per week).
Tasks I would need help with include:
- Monitoring and managing emails
- Minor technical tasks (e.g. setting up sub-email addresses at my domain)
- Pre-screening leads according to preexisting "ideal client" profiles which I'd give you
- Arranging client meetings with my clients based on my Apple calendar (or Google if you can set it up for me to work with my iCal) — bonus points if you can manage Calendly
- Attending client calls on Skype or Zoom and taking rough transcriptions/detailed notes which would be emailed to me and the client
- Proactively suggesting other tasks you could perform for me and supporting me in handing you more work
- Optional bonus: dealing with technical matters -- e.g. setting up a new email address on my domain for yourself, managing website changes, etc.
Currently I rarely have need for a VA's services so at the moment I'd prefer to begin with an as-needed arrangement, where I pay you for hours worked using the Upwork timer.
I'm looking to grow my business over the next month or two and I hope to be able to justify a more substantial part-time arrangement later.
In your reply can you please tell me the following:
- What experience do you have as a VA?
- In my time (Perth, GMT+8), what is your availability like (what hours, and which days)?
- What other things can you do that would help me save time? e.g. can you set up a website, handle organising appointments in Perth, etc.?
- What experience do you have managing different timezones (e.g. between me and my clients in the US)?
- What's the biggest lesson you've learned about calendar management?
I would like to start sooner rather than later — I have a call next Wednesday that I'd love you to be on.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Less than 30 hrs/week
1 to 3 months1-3 monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value