We are looking for someone that can help with various bookkeeping tasks and purchase order tracking. Please review the information below to see if you are interested!
We are a company that installs glass and glazing products in the United States (e.g. windows, glass doors, etc.). As part of that process, we order a lot of materials and services from our vendors. For each order, we prepare a document that is commonly known as a purchase order ("PO"). Depending on the month, we may end up preparing 20 to 100 POs.
Upon receiving the PO, the vendor typically sends us a document acknowledging our order (“Order Acknowledgment”). In case of materials, the vendor will eventually send us the product and we will prepare a document that shows the items that we received (“Receiving Report”). Finally, the vendor will send us a bill for the items and services that they provided (“Bill”).
WHAT WE ARE LOKING FOR
We are looking for someone to help us prepare and track these POs and related documents. Among other things, you will help us review the PO, Order Acknowledgment, Receiving Report, and the Bill to ensure that all the information is accurate. We may also need your help entering the information on the Bill to our Quick Books Online software. Once you become more familiar with the process, we may ask you to take on additional duties for our PO process.
While we are glass and glazing company, you don’t need any special experience in that field. Here are the basic skills we are looking for:
• Ability to pay attention to detail. Please note that you will be reviewing a lot of documents and comparing them to each other. We are looking for someone who can review the important details and notify us of any discrepancies.
• Ability to follow checklists and guides. To help you with the above process, we have developed a checklists and guides for you to follow. We are looking for someone who can follow the steps listed in these checklists and guides.
Here are some other qualifications we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
• Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
• Familiarity with Quick Books Online.
• Familiarity with Google Products like Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, etc.
• Access to programs that can markup and combine PDF documents.
• Ability to provide comments on improving our system. We treat all of our checklists and guides as a work in process. We always appreciate receiving input from people that we work with about how we can improve our systems!
Please contact us if you have any questions or need clarification on the above.
United Glass Ventures, LLC
Hours to be determined
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates