I am working on a game in which players color images and use the app to play a melody based on the painted image.
1) Coloring pages (see attached image)
2) Smartphone/tablet-based app
1) Initially, the coloring pages are black and white traced images. Player colors one or several objects on the image (ex. frog and rabbit on the attached sample image).
2) Player aims a smartphone/tablet at the colored page, using red marks as borders for the image capturing
3) The smartphone is running an app that "translates" the captured image into a song. Here is how it works:
- All coloring pages are designed to have coloring objects - animals - in one of the four sections (see attached image). The app "knows" analyzes captured image to determine which sections are colored and ignores unpainted (traced black and white) sections
b) The app accesses memory with pre-recorded musical verses. These verses can be combined together to form a song. Each musical verse corresponds to a specific section of a coloring page. The app selects the verses for the colored sections and plays them in sequence, which forms a song. In this manner, the played song will vary depending on which sections of an image are colored.
Coding of an app with the described functionality. Presently, I require a very simple app with minimalist interface (MVP) that can do a basic image analysis to test the described game concept. The app must work on iOS.
Functioning iOS app based on the above requirements + source code.
I will provide musical verses and coloring images.
Contact me for more details.
March 30, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value