Join us to be part of TheCardIndex’s exciting journey!
www.thecardindex.com was launched in 2015 as a platform to make rare historical images more widely available. These images generally come from antique postcards.
We are looking for someone to help catalogue the historic images. Ideally you would have an interest in history and / or geography, however, it isn’t essential. You must be organised, willing to learn and have meticulous attention to detail.
You will be responsible for updating the information we hold on the images by cataloguing the postcards via an online form, which entails the following:
- Analysing the image to record details relating to the publisher, the artist etc.
- Ascertaining the location and landmark for topographical images using map resources
- Applying relevant subject related tags where appropriate.
- In some cases there may be the need to do a small amount of internet research
- Seeking a part time role (20 hours approximately).
- Ideally you will have a reasonably good sized monitor, however, a large laptop screen will do
- Interest in history and/or geography all the better but not essential
- Logical thinker, with an abundance of common sense.
- Pro-active, organised and target focused.
- Quick learner/typer.
Less than 30 hrs/week
1 to 3 months1-3 monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value