This is a contractor position. We are looking for typists who are willing to type 1 hour of audio per 24 hour day, at least 3 days per week. Average turnaround time for files is 24-36 hours business days, but sometimes it can be 24 hours. From time to time, there are same day rushes which are offered to the team via email. It is preferred you are easily accessible, via email or IM on days you are on the calendar.
NOTE: ALL HIRES AND PAYMENT WILL BE COMPLETED THROUGH ODESK
Experience transcribing multiple speakers and correctly identifying speakers' voices. We often transcribe focus groups, conferences, board meetings, et cetera.
Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple formats for a variety of clients.
Experience typing both clean read and verbatim transcripts is a plus.
Audio files should be transcribed into MS Word format (.doc) and should follow a specific format depending on the task. Task can either be verbatim or clean read, and you will be notified on this before you receive the audio files. All task information will be sent via email and all audios will be shared via dropbox.
- must be willing to take a transcription test (verbatim and/or clean read)
- must be able to transcribe audio to MS Word in English
- must be familiar with dropbox
- must know how to use google chat and must have gmail account
- ability to use and follow different guidelines and templates is a must
- must be capable of delivering the transcript on or before due dates/time (TAT of 12 hours for 30 minute of audio)
This is for a long term position and I will be needing 5-7 transcribers
Fixed rate of $15 per audio hour (including odesk fee) applies and payment will be sent weekly or bi-monthly.
Opportunity to get $18 - $20 rate after 2 months depending on availability and quality of work
Skills: typing, test, english, gmail