Charts and graphs and tables of data and... boring, boring, boring... No! Not boring! We need to make these tables and graphs beautiful, engaging, inspiring - dynamic and alive! Make this data enagaging. Take something that people expect to be dull (charts) and bring them to life. We want to see bar charts grow and pie charts fan out, boxes of text fold or emerge out of graphs, we want to see highlighted data pulse. And all of this has to be within the brand guidelines of an established company.
We definitely need original work here (not templated data presentations, and nothing that looks like a whiteboard!) We're assuming After Effects - but hey, you're the expert, so you tell us. We have big piles of reference to start with, but are making no assumptions about storyboard or visual design - we'd rather get someone on board to handle this before we start making assumptions!
We're expecting this project to start on Monday 12th.
* We're a small digital team with a range of ongoing projects. We have done some agency subcontracts on big name brands (Adidias, Novartis, etc.) but we're trying to move away from that and work directly for mid-sized companies - so you'd get to do high quality work, but not for huge brands.
* We don't set the deadlines; you do; we don't decide how long things should take; you do; but once you've told us (and we've promised that to the client!) deadlines are sacred!
* We do a lot of unusual website work - most often WordPress sites that look nothing like normal WP sites, and often we integrate 3d modeling and rendering, image editing, video, etc.
* We expect to chew through projects pretty fast. We "fail fast and often" - we tend not to have long, formal research and exploration phases, but we often have a quick experimentation phase where we consider a range of options quickly.
* Everything we do is focused on serving our clients' needs. So we are extremely respectful of their brand guidelines, existing assets, business needs, etc. We are never designing in a vacuum.
* We are very team-based/collaborative. Creative has to work well alongside production, development, UX, etc.
* Most of us are either in the Balkans (Croatia, Serbia) or Romania, but we're spread from Ukraine to Ireland. Working hours are informal, but most team communication is during the European working day.
As a few caveats: we need an individual, not a team (no teams or agencies, please); if you contact us off UpWork we will delete and block you; we're based in Central Europe, so we cannot afford any rate that a good freelancer would expect to charge in a high-cost-of-living location (sorry if you are reading this in the US or central London or Helsinki - we can't afford you! But if you're somewhere from Belfast to Bucharest then get in touch!).
Still reading? Think this could be you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Let us see examples of "similar" work that you have done (making the boring exciting, working with charts, working with brand guidelines, anything like that), and tell us a bit about yourself and what you can do.
Thanks for reading!
Hours to be determined
1 to 3 months1-3 monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers