Typically a home buyer hires a home inspector to get an inspection done.
We are changing the model where by our company will have home inspections done upfront and have the home inspection reports available to subscribers at a fee. Subscribers are potential home buyers.
1. Copyright protection - our company should own exclusive copyright to all inspection reports
2. Subscribers should not be able to resell or share inspection reports
3. Our company should not be liable for any mistakes or omissions made by the home inspector who inspected the house
4. Our company does not want to provide any warranty to subscribers
5. Our company might buy an inspection report from someone else. In that case, our company should have full copyright and full resale rights
6. Our company should be able to share home inspection reports with subscribers without the consent of home owners (i.e. should not need consent of past, current or future owners of the property)
7. Home inspector who got paid to perform home inspection should have some liability but no copyright or any other right
8. Subscribers should not be able to avail "First sale doctrine" and should not be able to resell the reports they receive from our company
9. We should be able to share information about subscribers (potential home buyers) to affiliates like real estate agents, loan officers etc
10. We should be able to show ads to subscribers
July 25, 2018
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers