Are you sick of having to spend countless hours looking for new writing opportunities on a weekly basis? Exhausted by having to constantly learn new writing requirements? If the answer to either one of these questions is yes, we NEED to talk!
This is a STABLE opportunity for the right person, since what I'm looking to hire for will be consistent through the end of 2017/all of 2018. Topics will vary, but will fall mainly in the marketing and legal niches. This WILL be consistent work on a month-to-month basis. If you can consistently deliver high-quality content and don't miss deadlines, you may have just found a new home.
What I'm looking for is simple: PLEASE be serious about the work that you do. Please treat this like an actual job instead of just a side-hobby to generate some extra money if/when you need it.
Here are a few other key things that I'm looking for:
1. Available immediately.
2. A good communicator. if you are going to disappear for days on end when there is work to be done, this is not going to be a good fit for you (or for me). Regular updates keep everyone on track - and more importantly, they ensure that deadlines are met.
3. An excellent command of the English language is a given - otherwise you're going to get frustrated with me and I'm going to get frustrated with you.
I use Basecamp for all my project management, so it would be great if you're familiar with it. If you aren't, it's not a deal-breaker. But it's a "nice-to-have."
I will do my absolute best to set up up for success from the day you come on board. What I ask in return is that you commit to setting yourself up for success right out of the gates as well. There is most likely going to be a learning curve in the beginning, so I'll be working with you closely to get you up to speed on things as quickly as possible.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, I encourage you to submit a proposal. In so doing, please submit AT LEAST 2 writing samples so that I can gauge your skill level, preferably related to digital marketing. Submissions that do not include writing samples will be deleted.
*** When applying, please reference "I want reliable and stable content writing work" somewhere in your submission. If you fail to include this text somewhere in your cover letter, your application will be immediately deleted. Following directions is critical to the success of the work you'll be doing and this is a very minor test to ensure that you can - and will.
When applying, I would appreciate it if you can let me know the following:
1. how quickly you would be able to start
2. what rate you are seeking per word (I'm NOT looking for someone who wants an hourly rate... this is work that will be billed out on a flat-rate, per word basis)
3. what your availability is on a weekly basis (what type of volume you could write)
I know I've thrown a lot out here, but I like to be as detailed and thorough as possible as it relates to what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone who is in this for the long haul. Is that you? There's only one way to find out...
January 20, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value