Hello, I am a private practice plastic surgeon looking for someone to assist some of my patients in writing appeal letters to their health insurance company. How health insurance in the U.S. works - I provide a service (surgery), I then code for the procedure(s), and bill the insurance company. They then deny and delay payment. If they don't pay or underpay - the patient is responsible for paying the balance - even though they have health insurance.
The health insurance companies don't care about me. Their hope is that they underpay or don't pay AND that I don't bill the patient for the balance. Which would me I get paid little to nothing AND the insurance company got to collect premiums from the patient but NOT have to pay out for services when they patient needed them.
I need someone to write appeal letters to the insurance company in the patient's voice, for the patient to sign and mail. I will review it as well. I just don't have time to write letters for each patient.
1. I will provide you with some letters to use as templates
2. I will send you an audio recording explaining the patient's case (story).
3. You will then draft a letter in "their voice" using the above.
4. I will review the letter and tweak it with the patient.
5. Patient will sign it and send it in.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value