Looking for an individual from the US/Canada/Texas who can work as an on-call IT person. We are a National Consulting Firm and employ people worldwide. We need to make sure the server and system we already have in place is being maintained and services on a regular basis.
We are using Windows Small Business Server 2008 and have a terminal server.
• installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
• monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either over skype/ telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
• troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
• providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
• supporting the roll-out of new applications/set-up;
• setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
• responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
• rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers, office staff and clients
Skills: server-administration, troubleshooting