I’m looking for someone to help me launch my consulting firm’s newsletter. This has been on my to-do list for far too long, and I realize there are probably others who can make this happen better than I can.
A bit of context: I run a nonprofit consulting firm that helps innovative community changemakers use data to understand their clients and measure the impact they make. I'm based out of Denver, Colorado and, in addition to local clients, work with organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington DC. More information about me is attached.
My goal for this is to provide a regular (likely monthly) mechanism to stay top-of-mind with my professional network and prior clients, in a way that is authentic and that adds value. There is already a lot of content online about how to measure impact in the social sector, so I’d like this newsletter to function as an aggregator and commentary on resources that already exist. It needs to be written in an approachable tone (i.e., not academic) so it’s compelling to my target audience of leaders in small and mid-size nonprofits.
I’m looking for someone that can both strategize and do the work of launching the newsletter with some direction from me.
Tasks that comprise this project might include:
- Documenting my target audience & desired actions (i.e., the strategy) to guide design & content
- Advising on a proper platform (I’d default to MailChimp unless we have a compelling reason to use something else)
- Creating a simple yet engaging newsletter template
- Drafting out content for a welcome message and the first 2-3 editions
- Loading my spreadsheet of contacts into the platform and sending the messages
- Suggesting ways to dial-in content over time (i.e., a lightweight a/b testing approach, implications of open & click-through rates)
Along the way, I’m happy to:
- Engage in phone calls and provide overall direction
- Share a list of similar newsletters that I think are well-done, and my blogs so you have a sense for my writing style & tone
- Share resources we should highlight and sources of timely content
- Edit any content written
This needs to be clean, but keep in mind I’m currently my only employee and am relatively small-scale. So, no need for Fortune-500 level rigor, the most important thing is getting this project moving. I'm including a budget of $1000, but to be honest I have no idea what this should be priced at. Looking forward to hearing your ideas!
I am looking for a mix of experience and value