I have completed approximately half of the project, most of the web pages are designed. I now require logins for the system to be created so when logging in as a manager or staff member it will pass you to a different page, where managers can add new staff, stock, remove stock etc from the database. staff only have viewing privileges of stock and items added and removed. customers can only search for stock. the system admin should be able to remove all items and add new managers.
Some dummy data will need to be put into the database for the customer to search. I have created stock tables and admin tables in phpmyadmin so the dbdump is available.
I could probably create the system myself but due to time constraints this is not possible for me.
Full additional requirements below.
The system should monitor and document them flow of stock in and out of a imaginary company. Features should include being able to add stock to the system, remove stock and be an open system where the stock can be checked for multiple locations.
In order to satisfy needs (staff + customers):
- Need a system where they can upload new items that have been bought into stock eg. delivery, returns.
- Will automatically remove stock from the system once it has been sold or becomes unavailable.
- All systems will connect to a local database so that stock of all the different locations will be collated.
- Will total the amount of sales and refunds of the day in order to show profit/deficit.
- A central system that can be accessed from a particular store or online so that a customer will no longer have to call each store in order to check stock.
- The system will be used by Dune Staff and the general public (customers). Therefore, the system must be relatively easy to use and have a simple process to follow in order to locate a particular item or upload new stock.
- Can access stock, sales, refunds sections with amendment privileges (managers)
- Can only access stock, no editing privileges.
It is required that the system is able to do the following:
- Register new stock to the system
- Remove stock from the system
- When an item that is already on the system is added rather than duplicating the item, the quantity of the item should be increased.
- Calculate the total of all sales and refunds to show the profit/ deficiency for a time period.
- Connect to a local database in order for total stock to be viewed.
- When attempting to access staff privileges, only allow if password is correct.
- Only grant access with a correct password.
- Only allow members of the public viewing access.
- Record maintenance
- Be easy and straight forward to use for staff and customers alike.