We have a Paraview Plugin, written in C++ by student 5 years ago in less than 2 weeks.
It reads a special binary CFD file format: triangles and extruded triangles.
It works well, but needs new features:
- currently only files with single precision floating points are supported, we now need a double precision option aswell. (very simple, just replace the variable type)
- currently the file size is limited to 2.3GB, independent from file system and os. This should be removed. (very simple, just fix the read arrays)
- the current version works with Paraview 4.3 and 3.14, we want it to work with the latest Paraview Version. (check the paraview manuals to find the differences between 4.3.1 and 5.4.1)
Find attached the source code, the compiled example which works with the downloadable version for Ubuntu 64bit and Paraview 4.3. And a demo file which shall be loadable in 5.4.1. And of course the file format description of the binary files.
I'll send you more files if you are interested.
The project is completed, if you deliver:
- The source code of the new Plugin
- Precompiled binaries of the plugin, which work with Ubuntu 64bit and WIndows for Paraview 5.4.1 as downloadable from the Paraview Website
Time limit: 1 month
TIme you'll need: depends on your skills and your Paraview experience
Only apply if you checked that you can handle all 3 tasks. More tasks might come in future, if this first test convinces us.
March 9, 2018
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates