We are looking for a part-time contract web developer with specific experience with WordPress and Drupal. This individual will be responsible primarily for maintaining, patching, and fixing WordPress and Drupal web sites, update page content. Less frequently, this individual will help build new sites, modify code, create custom modules and perform new installations. The individual may work directly with clients in discussing changes they would like, pages which do not work exactly as hoped. The individual is also responsible for keeping the sites fully up to date with the latest security patches and generally maintaining the sites and working with the infrastructure team to ensure they remain functional and secure.
The Developer we are looking for is a self-starter that can work independently and has a strong entrepreneurial spirit. You welcome new and interesting challenges and have a deep desire to resolve issues and implement changes to the clients’ satisfaction. You may be called upon infrequently to attend a meeting during the day by phone.
- EITHER a College diploma or degree specializing in web technologies with a least 2 years of professional experience OR 5 years of professional experience programming for the web with no formal education
- Regardless of educational background, at least 2 years of experience programming in PHP and developing in Drupal and WordPress
- Knowledgeable about security issues and how to secure sites
- Good knowledge of WordPress and Drupal plugins and architecture
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working successfully with front-end designers (who are not programmers and do not understand much about code)
- Excellent written skills (ability to help write content) will be seen as an asset
- Design skills are not expected but will also be seen as an asset
- Knowledge of Apache configuration is an asset as you will be working with the infrastructure team to ensure sites perform at an optimal level and remain secure
The Successful Candidate
You are an organized, efficient, and detail oriented team-player with a drive for exploring and discovery. You communicate constructively and work as a problem-solver. You are results oriented, don’t stop until you achieve your mission and never consider work complete until you have thoroughly checked and tested it. You thrive in a laid back atmosphere with a friendly and supportive team and can focus and put in the hours when a deadline is approaching.
You will be happiest at Asurtec if the below describes you:
• You enjoy a fast-paced, challenging environment
• You are self-directed and enjoy taking the initiative
• You love technology and want to see others benefit from it
• You enjoy working with and helping people
• You enjoy seeing others achieve their goals and objectives
• You have infinite patience with people less gifted with technology than you
• You embody professionalism and integrity in everything you do
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong commitment to integrity, honesty, quality, punctuality and professionalism.
References and Portfolio:
We require a minimum of 2 professional references and may in some cases ask for a third. Additionally, we require to see at least 3 examples of projects in which you have played a major role.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value