I'm an environmental engineer in the U.S. and am looking for an experienced analyst to help me on a part-time basis. This contract is specified for 3 months, although I hope to find someone that is interested in expanding to longer time frames (i.e. 6-12 months and possibly longer). Below is a summary of the necessary and preferred qualifications, work examples, and other project details.
• Microsoft Excel data entry and analysis, including Pivot Tables and basic statistical analyses (e.g. t-tests)
• VBA coding is a plus, but not a strict requirement
• Microsoft Word document formatting
• Graphic design for custom maps and more professional data charts
• Web and technical journal research
• Familiarity with Zotero software is helpful, but not a requirement*
*Note you will need to download the free Zotero software program for bibliography tasks. These tasks are straightforward, but can be time consuming for certain solution searches in the community forums. The program is easy to learn and can be a good reference for technical writing expertise.
Typical tasks are mostly related to data management, report preparation, and technical research. The following list summarizes a few general examples for additional context:
• Enter data provided of 20 U.S. project locations (name, description keyword, and address) into a spreadsheet, and use the Excel file to generate a linked Google Map layer. The goal of this task is for the map to update based on changes to the Excel entries, if possible.
• Develop a professional looking map of the U.S. color-coding states similar to the attached example. Note the attachment was done in Adobe Illustrator, but you can choose the software or online website you prefer.
• Consolidate multiple Excel files with similar information into one comprehensive spreadsheet. Format to make it easy to read and navigate (i.e. filters, drop down menus, color coding, etc.) Evaluate relationships and correlations within data parameters groups I will specify for you (i.e. run correlation constant, regression trendline, t-tests, etc.)
• Download any review studies related to specified keywords (e.g. recycled water, antibiotic resistance, agriculture, crop irrigation) within the last three years. Note I may also specify the search engine (e.g. Web of Science) and additional filters for better defined results.
In addition to the technical expertise above, the following qualities will be expected as part of our mutual work ethic:
• Values the quality of work submitted
• Practice effective communication (confirm emails received, progress notifications and updates on anticipated completion dates)
• Diligent document control
• Self-sufficiency and problem solving mindset
• Primarily through email due to time zone differences
• Secondary options include instant messaging or phone calls
• Shared Google Drive folder
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide details of relatable work you've successfully completed in the past; note if you do not have experience on "plus" skills listed; detail your availability, including start date; and include any questions or comments you may have.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates