Looking for an experienced Phalcon developer (long term partnership) to update and maintain our internal japanese CMS solution. This is a blog post management system, allowing us to efficiently write and release blog posts on our clients' websites.
The tasks will entail:
- Fixing minor bugs raised by our users
- Implementing new features (relatively simple) to improve the software
- Upgrade packages and keep the project up to date.
- Writing tests to cover the codebase
- Improving the workflow, including db migrations
Note: The project has been written for Japanese users, thus all template contents are in Japanese. Moreover, the url system isn't updated in the browser url bar, making it difficult to convey requests (eg "Click on マイタスク, search for お客さん, click on it and change the value for 本文作成締切"). An affinity to the Japanese language would be ideal; still, the code variables & function names, as well as the rare comments, are written in English.
Please apply if you can match our expectations below:
* You're always striving to improve yourself.
* You take ownership of the tasks you receive, which means making sure that the task will be completed within the schedule and safely delivered on production, even if requirements get slightly adjusted mid-term.
* You will learn and understand the code completely, to improve it over time (simplified, more performing, easier to maintain and read).
* You will receive user requirements (from the sales team, not engineers), and make sure to clearly understand the whole picture, before translating them into technical steps to implement following the current codebase infrastructure.
* You will think rationally and logically, and take initiatives to adjust the requirements whenever it makes sense (with the knowledge that nobody else knows about the system), and accordingly let me know about the changes to confirm with the sales team whether it is acceptable or not.
* You will add unit tests to cover the code that you're modifying, migration files if needed, keep a release log for the system administrator to correctly apply your changes to the production server.
* You will communicate regularly, for me to keep track of your progress (including notifying me when you start/stop working).
* You will adhere to our technical workflow conventions (git branching flow, pull request procedure, etc).
* My involvement will be minimal: Help you understand the sales team requirements, forward back and forth your questions and their answers, and review your code to insure its quality.
We look forward to working with you
I am looking for a mix of experience and value