Virtual Breadboard is a physical computing platform for developing electronics projects based on microcontrollers such as the Arduino and PICMicro.
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary expert to drive the testing of the software application and verification of the simulations when compared with the real world.
To be successful in this role you must have considerable knowledge of electronics and microcontrollers ideally the PICMICRO 12/16/18 and the AVR microcontrollers used by Arduino.
Your role will involve
1. General Testing of the Virtual Breadboard software platform generating and managing bug/issue reports.
2. Designing tests to identify where simulations don't match with reality.
3. Designing kits where the simulation does match reality and constructing the real kit to prove the match.
4. Community building identifying issues based on knowledge of what does and does not work to propose workarounds and prioritising community feature requests.
We're looking for a long-term partner to continuously improve the platform. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Has test equipment such oscilloscopes, logic analysers, parts, pcb creation capabilities
* Intimately familiar with PIC/AVR instruction set and could write assembly tests to verify their correct function
* Ideally you are an active member of one or more relevant user groups. Please specify.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that shows how your skills and experience match with the above characteristics. As a measure against spam please mention in the first line of your application the keyword [ VBee ] to show you have read this job description fully.
Skills: test, microcontroller