I am looking for a Cloud Architect to build a Proof of Concept (PoC) of a web app to visualize custom indicators of financial time-series data, using a serverless Azure implementation.
Below is a desirable architecture:
- Data Source: Historical and real-time quotes from financial API platforms such as Oanda, Quandl, Alpha Vantage, IEX, IB, CCXT, CoinAPI, etc.
- Database: I am considering Azure Cosmos DB and its Table API, but I am also open to other suggestions, if they meet the following requirements:
a) serverless implementation,
b) working well with column based time-series data,
c) fast performance for real-time or near real-time data (e.g., 1-5 seconds interval),
d) high scalability (for big data and many concurrent queries),
e) ability to be hosted and distributed across multiple geographical locations.
f) most important requirement for the database, is an ability to easily create additional columns with customizable rolling (moving) indicators over a certain period. Examples of Excel-like formula’s which I want to be able to create are: AVERAGE(), STDEV(), PERCENTILE(), PERCENTRANK(), VLOOKUP(). This operation should be performed by database admin, but not by end users of the website.
- Web App.
a) Option A (serverless): Ideally, I want the entire architecture to be serverless. So, I want to be able to run a serverless web app using Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions such as Azure Function, Logic App, and Webhoock.
b) Option B (traditional): Alternatively, for the first version of PoC, I am okay with using one of the traditional web platforms such as Angular.js, Node.js, Backbone.js, Django, etc.
Project deliverables should include:
- Final architecture spec with specific choice of data source, database, and web app implementation details.
- Azure environment built in accordance with the above spec.
- Instructions on how to use the environment and create additional database columns with customizable indicators.
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers