2 simple PowerShell scripts needed to automate creation of spot instances with EC2.
- variables dictating type of instance, max cost, region selection, security group, etc are all static -- only thing that will change / be an "input argument" will be instance launch count
1) Prompt user for number of instances.
2) Launch provided number of instances.
Script 2 (to be done after completion of Script 1):
1) Query a provided URL to get the number of instances to launch.
2) Use same logic as Script 1 to launch that number of instances.