The following simple project must be completed accordingly by November 14th. Please read all parts carefully.
Attached are the drawings of the beams with the labeled forces, moments, and loads.
Communication Project 2: Requirements and Deliverables
(assigned: November 5,2013; submission date: November 14,2013
“You will be judged in industry not on your work but on how well you communicate your work.”
Charles R. Cluer “A Survey of Industrial Mathematics”, page 277, Dover, 2012
I) For ten typical cross-sections of each problem please
1) Make a cut.
2) Depict the beam to the left or the right of the cut.
3) Write equations of equilibrium.
4) Write resulting expression of Vy (x) and Mz(x).
II) Write expression of Vy (x) and Mz (x) valid in any cross section within the specified
III) Communication Project Presentation
1) Title page must be typed with the title “ Communication Project No. 2”
2) Names of Professor, Teaching Assistant, and Student must be included
3) Respect 1 inch margin on the left
a) Describe the structure of the project
5) Ten summarizing pages must be on color page each and contain
a) Depiction of the structure;
b) Free Body Diagram (FBD) with actual values of the reactions;
c) Diagram of Vy (x);
d) Diagram of Mz (x);
e) Number all pages through the project including the colored
f) Identify the problem number of each problem;
g) Include the copy of this page beneath the title page of the project.
6) For each problem, if the diagrams are not strictly below each other in the
same scale as the problem itself, and 4 above items (see a, b, c and d in
section 5) are not on a single summary page, a grade “zero” will have to
be assigned: The project ought to be presented in the reader-friendly
7) Conclusion: Summarize what your learned from this personal project