In this role, you will provide Agile Scrum Master leadership for software teams that are developing a portfolio of strategic solutions for client projects You will be responsible for coaching, collaboration, and facilitation support for core integration projects, and removing impediments from these teams while promoting self-management.
- Provide core Agile Scrum Master leadership on core integration projects: coach, servant-leader, process authority, interference shield, impediment remover, and change agent.
- Drive and lead planning, daily stand-ups, demos, and retrospectives for strategic development teams.
- Guide the development teams and organization to continually mature the adoption of Scrum practices.
- Lead program level Agile scrum of scrum sessions with all IT PMs on projects that that have interdependencies.
- Partner with the Product Owner on roadmap creation, forecasting activities, and sprint planning activities to ensure viability of implementation date targets against team capacity.
- Track, analyze, and communicate team status using core Agile metrics, including burn up/down charts, velocity, effort, and sprint/release progress.
- Serve as an authority in the Scrum methodology; document, educate and implement agile development. methodologies, standards, best practices, policies and procedures throughout the entire program.
- Identify program level agile framework gaps and inefficiencies; sponsor, develop and implement new or improved agile practices and/or tools for the program.
- Create and/or present status information to key stakeholders, decision-makers and leadership sponsors.
- Partner with the aligned IT program director and program manager on additional agile-related support as needed to assure the delivery of ongoing strategic solutions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years of related experience as a project team member of which at least one year was in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Deep knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework and methodology; and Lean principles.
- Experience leading projects in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles and practices.
Solid experience leading Scrum events: Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews / Demos, and Retrospectives.
- Strong skills in estimation, story slicing, grooming, and other Agile techniques.
- Hands-on experience training groups of 25 individuals in the Scrum methodology.
- Ability to incorporate traditional corporate reporting and support interfacing processes that are not currently agile practices and/or principles.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed resources and teams, including third party staff located onshore and offshore.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
Knowledge of business functions and understanding of business operations, strategies, and objectives.
- Experience in with one or more Agile management tools; e.g., Rational Team Concert.
- Prior experience in technical IT project role (developer, test engineer, systems analyst, quality assurance analyst, etc.) on projects beneficial.
Knowledge of project management concepts, practices, and techniques beneficial.
Hours to be determined
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers