We are looking for a project manager with construction expertise to oversee two refurbishment projects in the UK. The role will involve:
* Creating and maintaining specification of work.
* Liasing and negotiating with contractors on work, project timings etc.
* Manage contractors and subcontractors
* Provide quantity, time and cost estimates.
* Creating all necessary project documentation, including project plan, risks and issue, update reports. To manage the escalation process.
* Ensuring delivery of project within cost and time tolerances.
* Undertaking regular communication with contractors and the management team to ensure everyone is aware of progress.
* Able to critically assess proposals, quotations, construction plans and sequences of work.
* Able to write request to tender.
* Manage project closure, including snagging and hand-over.
The role is expected take around 2-5 hours per week, potentially more at its peak. We hope this will be a long term position whereby you will assist with all ongoing construction projects.
You will need to be:
* work on your own initiative.
* have experience of construction project management.
* have an understanding of project management methodology such as PRINCE2.
* a fluent english speaker.
* have an understanding of construction terminology.
* strong written communicator.
* Ability to use: Slack, WhatsApp, Skype, Google docs, MS Project (desirable not essential)
In your cover letter:
* Include the following phrase in your first sentence: I am the best candidate.
* Detail your most challenging Construction Project and what you did to overcome that challenge
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value