I'm looking to hire an individual to proofread and mark copy that is sent to our organization by our clients (marketing professionals in the US). Typically, the copy that is provided will be content for websites, email campaigns, Ad Copy, etc. I'd like to onboard someone who'll work with us on a monthly retainer basis as a pilot for 3-months; on a 100-120 hours/month basis.
Description Of The Requirements & Responsibilities Of A Proofreader.
Proofreaders ensure that material is clear and consistent, complete and credible, and that text is well written, grammatically correct and accessible. Corrects any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors in original copy (US English). May require 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures followed to proofread documents and assets.
There is a need to work on a range of publications, including:
They may be required to correct spelling, grammar (US English) and layout (proofreading), or check content, impose consistent styles and reword or rewrite (copy-editing). This depends on the project or the client and their own experience. They are expected to perform both functions in tandem.
- correcting spelling mistakes and grammatical errors;
- sub-editing text written by a number of authors to ensure consistent style;
- liaising regularly with the authors of the content by phone and email;
- checking that authors have provided all the required materials and references;
- resolving queries directly with the author, e.g. style and text inconsistencies;
- coding manuscripts for design features, such as hierarchy of headings, to instruct the production team;
- creating artwork briefs to detail the content of illustrations;
- ensuring that illustrations are correctly captioned and referred to in the text;
- producing or working to a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references, etc;
- maintaining awareness of new words or phrases coming into popular usage with a view to ensuring they're appropriate for the readership
The candidates should be ready to work starting 2:00 pm IST onwards
Less than 30 hrs/week
1 to 3 months1-3 monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates