This project requires to implement different version of the same prototype application.
Main goal is to compare the same function implementation with different j2ee frameworks and application servers.
On this first part framework and technologies are quite dated. In a next implementation we will compare newer technologies.
The prototype is a typical bank application (iBank).
· Front-end plain servlet / JSP, Struts 1.x, JSF (no AJAX)
· Back-end based on Java objects, EJB 2.x, 3.x EJB (Stateless and stateful Session Bean and Entity Bean)
· Persistence based on JDBC, Hibernate, JPA
· JBoss Application Server, JBoss 5.x, 4.x JBoss 7.x, Tomcat (asynchronous operations will be managed with Quartz)
· JMS for asynchronous operations (if available)
· WebServices con Axis, Rest, JAX-RPC
· JVM Sun 5.x, JVM Sun 6.x, JVM Sun/Oracle 7.x
· Quartz and Timer Bean for scheduled operations
· Database MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle 11g Express, Hypersonic with ANSI SQL
· Transaction management with JTA or explicit if JTA is not available
· Appreciated also the explicit management of security
Different application versions has intended to use all listed technologies. This means that you have to implement same functionality on different application with different technologies.
Each technology has to be used in a minimum of 2 application versions.
In attach you'll find a prototype of required functions.
A prototype is composed by 14 screens and requires 2 queues and 1 webservice call (client and server), one (or 3 if JMS is not available) scheduled job.
A complete requirements doc can be asked.
Skills: servlets, management