While this will be an ongoing project on an as needed basis, I need to get our 2012 books caught up in QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2010 and prepared for our Federal Income Tax Return by August 30th...preferably sooner.
Due to the magnitude of work, I may be hiring multiple bookkeepers who can be efficient, flexible on time, and work the max number of hours possible to work as a team to get this finished before August 30th. Your performance during this time will determine who I continue to use for future bookkeeping tasks.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT COMMIT AT LEAST 20 HOURS A WEEK TO THIS JOB BETWEEN NOW AND AUGUST 30TH. After that, we can be more flexible on the weekly workload minimum.
• Importing/entering data from online & locally stored financial accounts, vendor bills/credits, etc.
• Reconciling billing accounts and statements
• Categorizing expenses and receipts.
• Preparing items from our accountant's checklist to prepare corporate tax returns.
• Comparing shipping costs charged by our shipping companies & drop shippers to their estimates shown on our invoices' memos to ensure they're not overcharging & we're not undercharging.
• Experience handling payroll taxes, FICA monthly payments, State and Federal Quarterly Taxes, and Colorado Sales Tax.
• Communicate any problems or potential issues immediately to your supervisor to avoid costly delays.
• Work a minimum of 40 hours/week until the 2012 books are done, coordinating login times around other overnight workers between 7:00 pm and 7:00 am Mountain Time. All work must be performed using oDesk's Work Diary...no manual logging accepted.
OUR CURRENT REMOTE SETUP:
Our last bookkeeper logged in via TeamViewer, and used our desktop shortcuts and unique logins to access our QuickBooks, download statements or import data from some of our financial accounts’ websites, access other bills and statements stored locally on your workstation. I can train you as needed.
Once the 2012 books are prepared for our CPA, update our books, clean up problems from previous years, and then maintain them on an ongoing part-time basis. If you have other skills that we may be able to use for other areas of our business (i.e. quarterlies like Sales Taxes & Unemployment & Form 941 reports & payments, web design, graphics, PHP, carts, social media, marketing, etc.), we may use you to help on an as needed basis for some of those tasks.
PLEASE SPECIFY THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Since we get so many applications, those which do not specify all the requirements below in their initial application will be ignored. Once we have narrowed it down to a few top candidates, we will then consider any requests for Skype interviews or logging in to view our computer.
• How many hours per week and what beginning and ending times you are available to work on this project. And what date you can begin.
• Your background with accounting, USA taxes, QuickBooks, payroll taxes, FICA monthly payments, State and Federal Quarterly Taxes, and US State Sales Tax and any other skills required in this Job Posting.
• Have you ever worked with QuickBooks, and specifically Premier Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2010?
• Please explain how you download data from online financial accounts (i.e. credit cards, checking accounts, etc.) and import it into QuickBooks.
• Are you able to reconcile financial statements (i.e. checking account, credit card statements, etc.)
• Please specify the software or systems you'd prefer to use to access our files & work remotely.
• How often do you bill, and how and when do you send the billing statements?
• Willing to sign our required Nondisclosure/NonCompete Agreement to protect our intellectual property.
• Do you have any financial expertise on preparing United States taxes (i.e. payroll liabilities, quarterly taxes, sales taxes, etc.)? We have an accountant that prepares our State and Federal income taxes each year, but I am trying to see which tasks I can outsource.
• If this is a company, please answer the following questions (in addition to the questions above):
- How do you screen your workers to ensure they are not a security risk?
- How do you screen and monitor your workers to ensure consistent, quality control and training?
- Please have the actual bookkeeper(s) who will be working for us answer the questions for this interview.
We are looking for reliable and efficient employees who can stay on top of this task, consistently meet deadlines, and communicate problems or delays immediately. I have already had some well qualified bidders bid on this Job Posting, so this is how we came up with the $3.33/hour bid budget. As you can see from our feedback, we have a long history of reliable work and positive feedback, so we hope you can feel confident with your bids. We look forward to your bids!