We're looking for a Rails 3 developer to help with a large Rails/MongoDB project.
We're a startup who develop enterprise-class web applications for the insurance industry. We're punching well above our weight in an industry rife with outdated technology and we need your help!
You'll need to be a fast learner, as the majority of our codebase already exists. You'll be working with us to build additional features and functionality, that will be client-facing.
* Fluent with Rails 3
* Experience with MongoDB (we use Mongoid as the ORM)
* Experience with jQuery/Ajax
* Be familiar with Github Issues and Pull Requests as we use them both extensively to manage the development cycle.
* Be comfortable with Test-Driven Development and writing unit, request and integration tests (Rspec).
* Be a quick learner. The majority of the codebase is complete and we are currently making changes for a customer so you'll be required to get up to speed quickly.
* Experience in, or knowledge of, Twitter Bootstrap would be helpful.
* Our app uses Resque for queuing, Devise for authentication, CanCan for authorisation, Carrierwave for document uploading etc. So having experience in these gems will be really helpful.
* We'll hold Skype calls to discuss the requirements.
* You'll be in our Campfire chat room so you can quickly ask questions without the overhead of a call/email.
* We will assign you issues in Github that will describe in detail what needs to be done.
* You'll send a pull request when the feature is complete.
Depending on how well the project goes, there may be scope for ongoing work in the future...