We are looking for a freelancer to rebuild our existing Android app ("ListenOnRepeat") into React Native.
Since the functionality here is already clearly defined, expectations will be very clear, we can provide product specifications and you'll obviously be able to review the v1 of the app (and get source code access) while building the v2.
Our app is relatively simple. All clear specifications can be provided, but here is a quick list of everything we need:
- Allow the user to search for videos by querying an API and display search results
- Allow the user to select a video from the search list, which will then start playing via the YouTube Android component in-app
- When the video gets to the end, automatically repeat
- Keep an integer count of the number of repeats the user has had on a video
- Keep an ordered list of history items (the videos the user has watched), indexed by timestamp
- Allow the user to view their history items
- Allow the user to click a history item, which will then start playing via the YouTube Android component in-app
- App must be fully terms-of-service compliant with YouTube (eg, no background play)
That's all! The only backwards compatible aspects between v1 and v2 are that the existing app already stores the history list locally, and we don't want users to lose their history list when upgrading v1 -> v2.
You're welcome to implement your own UI as you think fits best (although we have some best practice suggestions).
Our engineering staff are internationally distributed between the UK and the US, so regardless of your timezone there should always be someone available to answer your questions. We are a tech company ourselves (just no React-Native developers) so don't worry - you won't be faced with any ridiculous expectations or impossible asks!
More than happy to discuss any more specifics, just reach out.
I am looking for a mix of experience and value