Create a web based real-time market analytics, backtesting and forecasting application. (Quantitative Finance)
Development of a Google App Engine hosted application that lets users easily perform stock market simulations using historical market data from Yahoo Finance, Google Finance and user uploaded data as well as the ability to provide basic market forecasting / prediction using the Google prediction API.
Ultra-finance on Google App Engine
Implement the Ultra-finance project on Google App Engine. The project is a pure Python library & utility for real time stock data collection, analyzing and backtesting.
See > http://code.google.com/p/ultra-finance/
1. Port ultra-finance python library into Google App Engine.
2. Create web based interface (django framework) of ultra-finance for web based entry and display of data based on real-time data feeds and user defined filters.
- Stock market exchanges. NASDAQ, NYSE, Commodities etc.
- Back Test (Time frame based on specific dates, times etc)
- Trading Center Simulator
- Design Patterns (Interface to define complex trading patterns)
- Data output template will display rank/pick of the stocks using jQuery graphs.
- Prediction / forecast based on Google's Predicition API.
- Ability to upload unique CSV data (alternative to Yahoo / Google data)
3. Alternative data store using Google App Engine, Google Prediction API and Google Drive
- Implement an alternative DAM (data access model) based on Google's Prediction API.
- Replace current data store with Google App engine compatible components.
4. Account Management
- Registration, forgot password. Register via Facebook or using user/pass.
- Manage existing user info. (Name, email, social sites, website, etc)
Preferred Interface components, jQuery, and interface library wijmo (see http://wijmo.com/ - license to be provided)
Skills: finance, yahoo, management, test, design, analysis, facebook