We are an established provider of managed DBA and database services and Big Data solutions. We are growing fast and currently have an opening for a Senior SQL Server DBA / SQL Developer to work remotely.
In this role, you will be working on multiple complex, enterprise-level SQL Server environments.
One specific environment will involve assisting with the migration of a large custom database application from Oracle to SQL Server. This environment will utilize state of the art technology (all flash array for storage, large memory allocations, servers with up to 48 CPUs).
For this position, we are looking for a true rock star SQL Server DBA who also has prior extensive background in T-SQL development, specifically:
• Experience working in complex (enterprise-level) SQL Server environments
• Experience with a wide variety of hardware configurations (SAN, flash storage, etc.)
• Experience in complex T-SQL development (advanced skills)
• Full understanding of SQL Server internals
• Expert-level understanding of execution plan analysis and query tuning
• Expert-level performance troubleshooting skills using variety of approaches (DMVs, Perfmon, Profiler, wait stats, memory pressure analysis, etc.)
• Some experience with Oracle and PL/SQL, e.g. enough to be able to read PL/SQL and suggest parallel login in SQL Server
This is an excellent opportunity to work remotely and collaborate with other top-tier SQL Server DBAs.
If you have any questions about this position, please don't hesitate to apply and ask.
Hours to be determined
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value