A company based in the San Francisco Bay Area is looking for full-time contributors to help us expand a database of information about media. If you are interested in things like music, books, people and film and like to learn new things, this may be the perfect job for you.
This job requires 40 hours/week (please do not apply if you don't have this availability). Hours are flexible as long as you can commit to the 40hours/week requirement. This is also a LONG-TERM engagement. Some of our providers have been with us for more than four years.
In this assignment, you will:
- Enhance information in a knowledge base with additional filtered information
- Analyze multiple information sources to resolve factual discrepancies
- Engage in online and face-to-face discussion with colleagues on best practices
- Ensure quality of data in the knowledge base
1. Must be fluent in English, spoken and written
2. Attention to detail
3. Strong interpersonal, time management, and problem solving skills
4. Internet research and navigation skills
5. Availability of 40 billable hours per week
6. High-speed internet connection
Applicants must take the following Odesk tests before submitting an application:
1. Readiness Test for Independent Contractors
2. U.S. English Basic Skills Test
Candidates must pass the oDesk ID Verification Program to be hired for this role.
Please answer the following questions on your cover letter:
• How many hours are you available weekly?
• What are your other regular weekly commitments for work and/or school and how much time do those commitments take?
• If you have other projects at odesk; how many are currently active and is there a due date for the ones that are active?
• How long do you see yourself in this kind of assignment? Less than 3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, or more than 12 months?
• What skills do you have that would make you great for this position?
• Describe what you do to control mistakes in your work.
• What experience do you have doing data entry work at oDesk or outside oDesk?
• Other Languages spoken (speaking, reading and writing proficiency)
The selection and screening process requires potential candidates to undergo a series of online evaluations to gauge their fit for the position. Upon successful completion of the evaluation exercises and interviews with us AS WELL AS GETTING ID AND PHONE VERIFIED BY ODESK, an offer will be made at a competitive rate.
Please make sure you answer the questions above and has taken the necessary oDesk Tests so your application won't be marked as spam, or be declined.
Skills: english, research