We are a consulting firm that helps nonprofits with fundraising.
We are in need of online research to be performed on leads we already have most of the information on! We already have the nonprofit's name, but we need either the executive director/CEO (ideal) or director of development's first name, last name and email address, as well as the organization's website and phone number, inputted into a spreadsheet. We have 1,000's of leads ready to be researched, so for the right candidate, there's plenty of ongoing work available. This project is a smaller starting project, and if you do well, we will expand into a larger project with the same activity.
This research is for business development opportunities. All the work requires is copying the nonprofit's name into Google, going to the nonprofit's website, and finding the information. Unlike most industries, nonprofits almost always put their contact information on the Internet for all to see....which makes this task fairly easy and straightforward. A sample spreadsheet that you would be filling out is attached; the green boxes is the content we would need researched.
Instructions for completion:
- All of the information provided should help you do your research. This includes name of the organization, Street, City, and Zip Code. Please leave all of the existing data as it is (including the hidden cells).
- Please Research and fill out all fields for each missing box highlighted in Green.
- If the lead goes by a different name than the legal name listed, then please insert that name in the column labeled "Name they go by on website (if different than legal name)". Otherwise, leave that column blank.
- For the contact person, we are looking for the person with the following title (in the order of importance): Executive Director/CEO, Director of Development. As a rule, we are looking for the most important person at the organization that is not the board president.
- Appropriate Capitalization for first and last name is VERY important (this data will be used for formula email marketing). The first letters of the contact's first and last name should be capitalized (example: John Smith). A good rule is to list it exactly how it is listed on the organization's website.
- Title should capitalize the beginning of every word. A good rule is to list it exactly how it is listed on the organization's website.
- email should be all lower case (example: firstname.lastname@example.org); please find the person's company email.
- Phone number should be inserted in the following format: (360) 420-9038; please find the person's company phone.
- website should be a a copy and paste of the website's home page address exactly as it reads in the URL bar.
- For all entries, no additional spaces at the end of any entry is VERY important (again, will be using for formula email marketing).
tips and suggestions:
- Usually the email address is easy to find for the Executive Director/CEO (or other leaders) and is listed on the website. If it is not, I suggest typing the contact's first initial and last name @urlofthecschool.org (i.e. Jane Smith is email@example.com) into google. 50% of the time the email address is first initial and last name. Otherwise, try variations of searches in the search box, such as full firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com until you get it. When you type the email address into google chrome's search bar, it will return results with bolded matches of the email address in the description of one or a few of the results. That is when you know it is the right email address.
- Use of email-format.com or mailtester.com as great email testing websites. They are right about 60% of the time, so please only use your best judgement...google confirmation is key for ultimate confirmation.
- www.guidestar.org is a great resource to use if you are having a tough time. The company will show up in the search exactly as it is written in the spreadsheet. Here you can find the website information and possibly other helpful information.
- If all else fails, type in the first name, last name, school name, Executive Director, and 'email address'..see what that returns to you.
Bonus of this work: you'll be contributing positively to the world!
January 4, 2018
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates