We are looking for a Ruby/Rails or Python/Django expert to create a web application with user profiles, LinkedIn API, scheduling, stripe payment processing, search functions and summarization (tagging aggregation) capabilities.
Intermediate knowledge of CSS and front-end solutions preferred.
We need the following functionality implemented:
1. User signup & account creation
a. Should have standard features for confirmation, password, username retrieval, etc
2. LinkedIn API
3. Database to capture some input fields by user (+ import and merge from similar data captured elsewhere)
4. Search based on keywords and tagging
5. Simple Calendar availability scheduling with time blocks – S,M,T,W,T,F,S
6. Payment Processing through Stripe
7. Internal points system for meeting certain criteria
8. Ability for users to Facebook or LinkedIn ‘Like’ certain user input fields
6. Admin will need to be able to change entire background for any page
7. Ability to remove profiles or user input comments that are offensive
We’re looking for a long-term contractor to develop and maintain this website. The ideal developer has:
1. Successfully developed Ruby/Rails or Python/Django applications
2. Strong experience in general website development and front-end user centric design
3. Has great organizational and time-management skills to get work done on schedule
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your Ruby/Rails or Python/Django experience, including examples of past work
2. Your familiarity with websites and any contributions you’ve made on them
3. The way you would think about working on this project
In addition, please submit examples of marketplace and social websites that you think have good features and describe how those features would interact.