We are looking for a talented SEO expert who is highly experienced with solid understanding of SEO best practice. You are to help us get our clients on to Google SERP Page 1 and keep them there. You must have a proven track record, and be results driven.
You will be part of a virtual team of talent, reviewing clients’ SEO current position, and mapping out effective SEO plans in order to give them maximum digital performance using current best SEO practices.
• Detailed understanding of SEO current best practices, and knowledge on search engine latest algorithms and optimisation practices
• Ability to work through thorough SEO performance evaluation, and detailed SEO checklists to improve SEO foundations, user experience, site performance, technical SEO, content strategy, on-page SEO, off-page SEO, local SEO
• Must have prior experience in all or most of the check-list areas mentioned plus can assist with the compiling of strong content strategy, calendar and content briefs.
• Ideally familiar with, if not expert at, the following tools: Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Yoast SEO, UptimeRobot, Hotjar/CrazyEgg, WpRocket, Shortpixel/Imagify/TinyPNG, Sitebulb/ScreamingFrog, SurferSEO Content Editor/Clearscope/HubSpot Social, Siteliner, Zoho Social/Buffer/Planoly,
• Strong content and writing skills will be seen favourably, or the ability to work effectively with a writing team, and as part of the editorial reviews to ensure SEO objectives are met. First and foremost you are an SEO expert, so it is OK if you are not a writer.
• Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• Ability to work within a team and independently
• Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
• You will be able to clearly demonstrate how you specifically have grown SEO performance for a wide range of clients.
• Getting our clients on SERP Page 1 results for organic and paid searches in the shortest possible time, and keeping them there.
• Evaluating client sites, SEO checklist audits, producing SEO plans and recommendations with prioritised activities to get the best possible results fastest.
• Analyzing keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
• Working through a prioritised list of SEO activities to optimise client’s SEO performance. Tracking and reporting progress and results.
• Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic.
• Writing effective SEO content for blogs, websites and social media accounts – or working with a writing team to ensure SEO objectives are met in all content produced.
• Developing link building and outreach strategies.
• Keeping updated on both white hat and black hat SEO strategies to stay within search engine guidelines
• Being our SEO in-house expert and go-to person, helping us get new clients with your expertise as part of the team.
Please take time with the questions asked and don't just say look at my portfolio. Show the information asked for, and consider your answers because this is where we see what your attention to detail is and whether or not you have bothered to put the time in to your application or not.
Important - please do not contact me outside Upwork. If you are shortlisted I will get to your application and come back to you. I respect the time you take in applying for the role so we'll communicate back to you as soon as possible.