At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory - we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users across 179 different countries who have created more than 300 million designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
Canva is a truly global product, and our internationalisation team is responsible for making Canva accessible to all 3.3 billion Internet users across the globe. We have seen amazing growth in Ukraine (and worldwide) over the past year. We are looking for an SEO Specialist who will work on accelerating our growth curve. This is a freelance (contractor) opportunity
Working alongside with our SEO team, you will…
1) Strategize and implement local SEO strategies to increase Canva’s user acquisition specific to the target market. This involves working on organic traffic and local landing pages, etc.
2) Optimise the Canva platform and product for the local market through keyword research, gap analysis, and identification of areas for improvement.
3) Improve the design, implementation, and maintenance of Canva’s broad SEO strategy looking after all aspects: technical, content, outreach and authority building.
4) Liaise with Canva’s Growth and SEO teams for projects, iniativities, and cadences.
5) Involvement in other SEO and growth activities and projects as needed
Competencies for success:
1) You have native knowledge of Ukrainian language. You have strong command and working experience of the English language.
2) You have at least a year of SEO experience and background in growing organic search traffic.
3) You are persistent. You’ll spend a considerable part of your day experimenting. Although this is challenging, you’ll be the kind of person who will be raring to solve the problems ahead.
4) You have a strong drive for impact. Sometimes, you’ll need to do work you consider to be less thrilling for a period of time to find that light bulb moment. Oftentimes, what you find interesting might not be the most impactful things to do – we want you to know how to prioritize very carefully.
Why should you take this role?
You will take part in one of Canva’s exciting growth and marketing initiatives as an SEO Specialist. Your role will be crucial in Canva’s user acquisition growth for Ukraine, and you also get to spearhead and implement initial SEO strategies and aligning them with Canva’s goals and culture. This is also a freelance/contractual work set-up with Canva.
*Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been the ranked #1 Australian Workplace in Technology by JobAdvisor for the second year in a row.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers