Simply add a 'Save Your Basket' on the bottom of the cart.
Are they logged in
If they are not logged in, they will need to login with their account details. They can login with Facebook, which is the same as 'Quick Register with Facebook'. Michael, has developed the mod already. Speak with him if you need any details on the button. The register button goes straight to the register page.
· Once they login, it goes straight to 3.
· If they register, they need to be alerted with a basic JS popup saying 'You will need to visit the Basket page again after you register to save your basket.'
Save your basket
Once they have logged in and clicked the save basket button. This is what they see. The user has to name the Basket for future viewing. Once they have named the basket and kept the tick on the email tickbox. This will automatically send the content to their email address.
Keeping the price change tickbox, this will alert the customer of any price changes from products in their saved basket. Even if it goes up in price or down.
IF they have already have a saved basket!
If the user already has a saved basket, they will be asked on this page.
Add items to your existing basket: [Dropdown on names] or Add a new Saved Basket
Control Panel (IGNORE)
A few months after we designed this, we decided to use the control panel as a dropdown on the topnav. Login on DLD and click 'Control Panel'. You will see the 'Your Saved Baskets' link waiting for you to connect it up.
Saved Basket Page
This will show all the saved baskets that the user has used. The icons are for the following:
Yellow Price Change button: This is basically an alert that the prices have changed since they have added their basket.
Eye button: View the list
Circle with x: Delete button, once clicked it will popup a basic JS alert saying are you sure you want to delete. Yes and No answers.
Just to note, that each saved basket needs a unique ID number. I dont know if its possible to make it work on the orders page on Cubecart Admin. Every order gets its own Order Number like (130123-220634-9853). This way if they decide to buy it, its already in an order just waiting to get paid.
On the order page (log into DLDstaging admin and click 'Orders'). You see the orders, under the status column it usually says 'Processing, Order complete, etc'. Could we add a new one called 'Saved Baskets'. So the admin staff can view and change saved basket contents when people save the baskets and call them.
Saved Basket Contents Page
When clicking the 'eye' icon. This will show the full basket contents. They can change quantities and even delete items.
· The prices will show in both with and without VAT. Currently set at 20% in the UK.
· Price Change if the price has changed since they have added to the saved basket.
· When they click 'Update and Save' this is if they have changed quantities.
· Delete this basket, deletes the saved basket and cancelles (voids) it in the orders page in admin
· Buy these items, goes straight to basket and makes the payment as normal. Changes from 'Saved basket' on the admin orders page to 'Processing' or whatever Cubecart does normally.