Independent HR & Finance Manager - Job Description
Trust Relations Overview:
Trust Relations is a fast-growing, virtual branding, and strategic communications agency. We bypass the traditional agency model to build trusted brands, craft authentic stories, and engage diverse audiences — for marquee brands and disruptive startups alike.
At Trust Relations, we represent companies that straddle multiple verticals and have diverse communications needs. Our unique structure allows us to hire the best and brightest professionals nationwide to create “dream teams” that are most suited for our clients’ specific PR and marketing goals and budgets.
Public Relations is the Past. Trust Relations is the Future.
Trust Relations is looking for a HR & Finance Manager to join our dynamic team. You will be working either as a remote Freelancer (1099 contractor) with 25-30 hours a week of capacity, or start as a Freelancer with intent to join the team full-time. You’ll ideally have experience working for a startup agency; and know how to handle all things budget, payroll, and contracts as it relates to clients and employees, in a fast-growing agency setting.
- Establish and maintain internal financial procedures compatible with state and federal laws
- Work with and support the senior team in invoicing, budget revisions & monitoring, and follow-ups
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including QuickBooks, T-Sheets, Bill.com, monthly reconciliation oversight, timely submission of accounts to the senior team, etc.
- Create and maintain internal budget documents and review them on a regular basis to provide updates to senior team
- Prepare for, manage and support internal and external field financial audits
- Work closely with CPA to ensure all processes and controls are in accordance with IRS
- Prepare the monthly payroll and payments for staff salaries and / or allowances in accordance with employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and paid.
- Provide feedback and insights to the senior team on all budgeting and forecasting issues to ensure they can make informed business decisions regarding new hires, marketing spends, etc.
- Take part in weekly senior meetings to share status update on all finance related issues
Other duties may be required; there is opportunity to participate in other projects as necessary / interested
Human Resource Management:
- Prepares employee and freelancer hours reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing T-Sheets records to provide status to senior team
- Take part in weekly senior meetings to share status update on all HR related issues
- Regular review, update and / or develop of employment documentation for all employees and 1099 contractors
- Responsible for all employee and 1099 contractors’ induction and orientation on all HR and admin-related policies
- Ensure human resource policies and procedures are maintained, implemented and communicated in line with legislation
- Ensure accurate employee records are maintained and update regularly
- Manage the entire employee lifecycle by implementing and maintaining systems related to recruitment, on boarding, case management, staff communication, staff exit management etc.
- Other duties may be required; there is opportunity to participate in other projects as necessary / interested
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, ideally in a finance or budget related role with HR knowledge
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, ability to manipulate and present data using Excel
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
- Must have the ability to work independently without guidance
- Ability to be flexible in a collaborative work environment
- Must have the utmost integrity and understanding of confidentiality
- Must have a pleasant, professional demeanor in person and on the phone
- Excellent relationship-building, follow-up and customer service skills
- Experience working with senior leaders
- Must be highly skilled and certified in QuickBooks Online and T-Sheets
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
BA Degree required, in Accounting or Finance degree is a a plus, or equivalent professional / technical qualification