Are you an expert in BUSINESS/ACADEMIC writing? Are your grammar and sentence structure impeccable? Do you love editing because you have a keen eye for detail?
If so, then we might make a great team!
Through my editing services, I assist Chinese college/university students who are studying in Canada with their essays, research reports, presentations, reflection journals, and various other types of written assignments.
While this might seem relatively simple on the surface, it can actually be quite challenging because it involves a clear understanding of several key concepts, including:
The degree of the editing you will do for each assignment will vary according to the particular ability of each client, as some have a firm grasp of English while others struggle with phrasing, grammar, sentence structure, etc. Generally speaking, I always aim to fix the grammar issues that exist in the writing, adjust formatting issues, and provide detailed feedback whenever their ideas are unclear, poorly supported, illogical, etc. Over the course of multiple revisions, my clients usually learn a lot through the process, and their grades significantly improve.
***Please note that I never WRITE assignments for clients and would never ask you to do so either, as that goes strongly against my code of ethics.***
To be considered for this position, you MUST have the following skills, traits, and experience:
- a bachelor's or master's degree from an English-language post-secondary institution (in-progress degrees will be considered, provided that you have a high GPA in writing-related courses and meet all of the other criteria listed below)
- COMPLETE fluency in written English
- minimum of one year of experience in editing the work of others (clients, classmates, colleagues, students, etc.), ideally those whose native language is NOT English
- proficiency in MS Word (including working knowledge of the "Track Changes" feature and how to provide useful and in-depth feedback within Comment Boxes, as necessary)
- borderline-OCD attention to detail
- a fast typing speed (60+ WPM)
If the quality of your editing is consistently outstanding, this could turn into an ongoing work arrangement.
To apply for this position, PLEASE SUBMIT A BRIEF COVER LETTER that shows why you are the right candidate. Make sure that your writing in the letter is perfect in terms of grammar and punctuation, as those are the most basic requirements for this job. Also, please make sure to provide links or add attachments that showcase some of your best ACADEMIC writing or editing (for yourself or for others).
Good luck! I look forward to hearing from you.
Less than 30 hrs/week
1 to 3 months1-3 monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates