Only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply.U.S. located freelancers only
Needs to hire 2 Freelancers
Looking for more than just another "gig"? Would you like to apply your writing talents to develop training programs for big brands and international humanitarian organizations?
Sonata Learning provides training-related consulting, content development services and software to leading organizations in business, government and the nonprofit sector. Our company is 100% virtual, with team members based in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We are seeking someone to join our team as a term-of-project writer, with the possibility of this becoming a regular part-time role.
Responsibilities will include:
- A variety of writing tasks, including creating course scripts and client proposals
- Meeting with clients to learn about their organization to ensure that what we write is relevant to their needs
- Assisting our multimedia production team with basic production tasks (copying and pasting translated text into PowerPoint presentations, searching for appropriate stock photography, splitting narration audio into individual files for each slide, etc.)
- Proofreading / QA of training materials and client communications
- Keeping track of multiple projects and ensuring that deliverables are completed on schedule
- Native or fluent English speaker
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to quickly learn new software tools
- Extremely well-organized and able to track many projects / tasks at once
- Basic to intermediate Google Docs/Apps and MS Office skills
- An "eye for design" and ability to tell whether graphic designers have followed our guidelines / adhered to our standards
- Ideally based in North America, or at least able to work customary North American business hours
- Windows computer and reliable high-speed Internet
- Familiar with Slack
- Basic familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with the learning industry a plus
Candidates will be expected to pass a series of timed skills tests, which will require 3 to 4 hours to complete.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value