We are looking for an experienced and qualified mobile developer to work with our startup team. We are creating a new peer-to-peer platform to operate within the sharing economy, similar to apps such as Uber, AirBnB, Airtasker, etc. You will be working solo with the company’s founders (three creative businesspeople with limited knowledge of software engineering) so autonomy and the ability to work without technical direction is a must. The successful applicant will be contracted to build a working prototype of our application for iOS, which we will use to seek funding for the full build. Once we are able to move ahead, there will be a potential for ongoing web & cross-platform work, as well as eventually full-time employment for the right applicant. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would love to hear from you.
• Build the entire application prototype with very minimal technical guidance (however we will always be on hand to direct you creatively and conceptually)
• Produce a fully functional iOS prototype writing clean code
• Provide regular progress updates by email, instant messaging, or phone
• Identify problems and suggest solutions
• Run UI tests to identify malfunctions
• Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
• Work with our graphic designer to implement look & feel (though this can be rough on the prototype version)
• Proven work and experience as a mobile developer
• Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App Store
• In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
• Familiarity with OOP design principles
• Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
• Familiarity and confidence with cyber security
• Fluent English
• BSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• Though we are happy to work with the right candidate from anywhere in the world, some preference will be given to a Sydney or Australia-based developer.
In your application, tell us a little bit about you - we are a young, tight-knit start up and it’s very important to us that our hired developer is not only skilled in their work, but also gels with the team. Also, to demonstrate that you read the whole ad to the bottom, in your application please tell us your favourite ice cream flavour. Mine is salted caramel white chocolate.
Upon being shortlisted, you will be asked to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement so that we are able to share the full details of the project with you.
March 3, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value