We are a collaborative team of engineers with a strong software development background. The team here is process-light and relies on strong architecture and automation to maximize the impact of our small team.
You will be joining a dev team to build out core services for operating a precision controlled vertical farm. We call our software system FarmOS and it is a pivotal element for growing delicious, nutritious food that is pesticide free and very resource efficient. You will be responsible for building full stack web applications and microservices for farm operators and plant scientists to monitor, control and optimize production and laboratory processes.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Full Stack engineer with experience developing and delivering excellent, user-centered features and fixes that can have high impact. The ability to communicate clearly and directly with both other engineers and with customers is critical.
This role requires a developer to have the following soft skills:
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with ambiguous requirements, ask questions, and clear up confusion and risk
- Self-starter with the skills to ask questions and think critically
- Ability to take a step a back and see the bigger picture
The following technical skills are desired:
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar
- Experience designing and building scalable, highly-available service-oriented architectures
- Strong proficiency in developing server applications using Python and Java
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and ways to standardize and clean up a stack
- Strong proficiency with Git; experience with GitHub a plus
- Experience managing configuration in a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools
- Experience working with a diverse set of databases, such as PostgreSQL and Snowflake
- Ability to design and implement RESTful microservices based on user research
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and Kubernetes all pluses
- Experience with Flask and/or Dropwizard a plus
- Experience with pytest, Selenium, and/or Junit a plus
We are an agile team with two week sprints and daily scrums which you would participate in. We are looking for an overlap from 9AM PT to 12PM PT, at least, each weekday.
No agencies please.