We have an immediate opening for an experienced Python programmer to join our team. Responsibilities will include maintaining the Python code in charge for communicating with ModernBill - a highly customized billing platform supporting thousands of our subscription customers, including functionality for account management, ordering, feedback, invoicing, etc. So, apart of your Python skills, if you also have admin ModernBill skills and experience, that would be a very big advantage for this position. We run an older version of ModernBill, some documentation exists, but a lot of trial-and-error and research on your own might be also needed. Access to the original system developer is limited. Seeking an individual with the tenaciousness to solve problems independently, preferably with expertise in billing system functionality.
The successful candidate will be strongly considered to lead development for the successor system to the current platform. We are not starting from scratch, instead building atop a highly scalable, flexible, enterprise solution, however, the UI is new, as is the enterprise software infrastructure supporting it.
For the right person, there is an opportunity for ongoing collaboration, and full-time, contracted work.
Requirements and preferences:
- 1-3+ years commercial experience with Python /provide links and briefly describe your role/
- Passion about producing high quality, well documented code, GIT version control experience
- Demonstrable experience with billing systems is highly desirable; if you have experience with ModernBill, that is a very big plus
- Financial reporting expertise strongly preferred, recurring revenue models (monthly, annual, etc), support for white labeling (multi-level resale, resellers); accounting experience
- Experience in enterprise cloud based SaaS is very preferable; especially experience in ESB, Provisioning, APIs; knowledge of Zimbra is a big plug
- 1-2+ years experience working in agile environment is a big plus
- Experience working with the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Greenhopper, Bamboo, Bonfire, Confluence) is very good to have, but not mandatory
- Experience with practices like unit testing, code coverage, continuous integration, code refactoring, test driven development, would be great, but are not mandatory
- Some other programming experience (SOAP, REST, Java, AJAX, jQuery, etc) is nice to have
- Very responsible, initiative, proactive, self motivated, able to work under pressure, good team player, very good English + excellent proactive communication, can think out of the box, can offer suggestions, attention to details, good references/ratings
Proactive communication for this project is crucial. As a member of an agile oriented team, you will need to attend all our meetings and be very communicative + responsible.
Along with your application, please clearly state which one of our requirements above you cover. Mention your availability for this project - the hours per week you can dedicate . Also, please put the phrase "Python Developer for Enterprise Billing project" on top of your application, so we know that you have read this description fully. Applications that do not state how they cover our requirements and that do not have the top phrase will be ignored.
Both companies and individuals are welcome.
Skills: billing, english, agile, analysis, design, zimbra