Senior level Windows Server Engineer with experience in Hyper-V and Active Directory. Engineer will be part of a Infrastructure deployment team (IaaS) implementing a new Windows 2012 / 2016 Hyper-V / System Center.
Only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply.U.S. located freelancers only
Needs to hire 2 Freelancers
Please note: This position has been substantially modified and should be considered a new position for your review.
Program seeks a Sr. level Windows Server Engineer with experience in Hyper-V and working knowledge of Active Directory. Sr. Engineer will be part of a Platform as a Service deployment team ( PaaS) implementing a new Windows 2012 / 2016 Hyper-V / System Center Infrastructure. The new infrastructure platform will utilize Virtual Machine Manager and Microsoft Azure private and public cloud integration. The Hyper-V Engineer will provide specialized knowledge to configure these systems in conformance with customer requirements; Troubleshooting and resolution of any Hyper-V related problems will be primary responsibilities of this engineer. This position requires coordination with the customer, as well as a variety of technical personnel with different specialized skills. The team based environment is fast moving and has high expectations for quality of work and turnaround times. Candidates must have extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Systems Center, Virtual Machine Manager ( SCVMM) and PowerShell administration. Engineer will help develop operational and maintenance procedures for these systems and document system configuration and operational procedures The system will be hosted on DELL hardware, attached to Dell Compellent storage and local disks, in a lights out configuration with support for Bare Metal Deployments and Multi-Tennant PaaS cloud. Engineer should have prior experience with 1000+ user environment with the deployment and migration of virtual server infrastructure.
1. Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
2. Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
3. Develops technical applications to support users.
4. Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
5. Provides training for system products and procedures.
6. Performs application upgrades.
7. Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
8. Troubleshoots problems.
9. Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers