(I am increasing the price because we would like to assure quality on this project)
We are a RoR startup based in Bali, and we would like a competent RoR engineer with some experience of deployment to help us with some deployment issues.
This project is pretty time critical as we are launching in the next week! :)
Here is a summary of the tasks:
1. We would like a staging server set up on a single new Linux node (Digital Ocean: we have a server ready). We would like our existing Capistrano process to be able to deploy to this new instance.
2. The live server is configured to use
- Sidekiq/Redis for background processes
- imagemagik and imgkit
- S3 for image pipelining
The staging server should be similarly configured.
We will be available to answer questions via Skype during business hours in Bali (GMT+8)
If you are interested, please answer the following questions:
- have you configured a live and staging deployment before, using capistrano?
- have you compiled gems from scratch before?
- have you configured the deployment scripts to deploy modified configurations to live and staging?
Good knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Linux, server deployments is very important, as is having compiled source code as part of your activity.