Looking for a Qt/QML/C++ developer for a short (1-2 weeks) job creating a simple Photo Catalog prototype app.
I need an app that uses Qt QML Quick Controls v1 without platform-dependent components that could prevent porting the app to macOS in future.
The application should have simple native UI as shown in the ui sketch image. No specs for exact paddings/margins available. It should be able to run with Qt 5.7 and higher, Windows 7 and higher.
To get this job, please, make an estimate for the amount of work hours you need to finish the job (like 10, 20 or 40 hours) and the amount of calendar days to finish the work (like "I can start in 3 days and it will take 5 days to finish the job"). Please, annotate the hour estimation by decomposing the job into smaller tasks up to 4 hours long.
The result of the job should be an archive with release built app and git repository with full sources and Qt Creator project.
1) The app starts by showing the splash screen (some png image) for 2 seconds.
2) Then it asks user to choose a directory to open in the application.
3) The app scans the directory for PNG and JPG files.
4) Directories that contain images from 3 should be shown in TreeView (or similar) on the left panel as categories and subcategories. There is no context (mouse right click) menu for items here.
5) Clicking on the category should show images in this category and all subcategories in the GridView (or similar) on the right.
6) Previews for images should have resolution 128x128px for ordinary DPI and 256x256px for High DPI environments.
7) Double-clicking an image preview opens the image with default system image viewer. Context menu contains "Open" and "Export" items.
8) The menubar contains "File" and "About" menus.
9) The "File" menu contains "Export Image(s)..." and "Exit". Export menu item shows a dialog to choose where to export selected images. The images should be copied from the original location "as is".
10) "About" menu shows a popup window with a program icon, program name, arbitrary text, link to the app's Web site and OK button.
11) There should be a Search/Filter input for filtering images that are shown in the GridView now. The filter should search the text in a case-insensitive way using image file path from the selected root directory. For example:
If the image has the path "C://images/Backgrounds/Guitars/Fender/Sonic Blue Telecaster.png", and the "C://images/Backgrounds" was opened by the app and "Guitars" subcategory is selected right now, then it should be found by any of the words in the list "Fender, Sonic, Blue, Telecaster".
12) There should be a progress popup for Exporting/Copying images, without ability to stop/pause the export. Images with the same names in destination directory are overwritten.
13) The app should work in a read-only manner with original images.
14) There should be a drag control for changing width of TreeView panel.
Less than 30 hrs/week
Less than 1 month< 1 monthProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value