Are you a hard code developer? And like to work with the Windows API? Here's the job that will put your skills to test.
We have an application that monitor keystrokes to suggest autocompletion in any application and help people with disabilities or that need to type a lot to complete their documents and reports faster and more reliably.
We are looking for a talented developer to help us building the core module that monitors keystrokes.
The library has to be written in C# 4.0 (no external library, just calls to the Windows API) and developed in Visual Studio 2010.
What the library must do is:
- capture the keystrokes typed in any application
- convert them in the proper characters (according to the user keyboard layout)
- properly convert characters with International keyboards
- recognizing not latin alphabets
- the code must be fast (running in a secondary thread)
- the component must detect keystrokes on standard windows applications (but also GTK applications) and work on both 32bit and 64bit systems.
The library will be later integrated into our solution. A more detailed specification will be sent to chosen candidates so that they can make a better estimate.
The perfect candidate has the following skills:
- great knowledge of the c# language and the .NET framework
- great knowledge of the Windows API (how messaging works and the hooking system)
- proven records of delivering project on time and on budget
- great communication skills (are report progress every day) and command of the English language
- good analysis skills and be able to proactive search for solutions
- knowledge of C++ is preferred and it's definitely a plus
Once the selection is made you will receive a detailed specification of the software (and the interface the library has to implement to connect to our software). We will be in constant touch to make sure that the project is completed on time and on budget.
Please provide a quote and a time estimate for having the project done.
The project will start immediately after the candidate selection is over.
This is an initial project and we are looking for skilled developers for more jobs.
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this job, reply to this post saying "I AM HUMAN" and provide some information of similar work you have done (attach examples if available).
Skills: .net, windows-api, english, analysis